04 Mar Conservatory Reopening
We are excited to share that the Lincoln Park Conservatory is reopening to the public on a limited, covid-19 compliant basis beginning Friday, March 26, 2021! The formal announcement from the Park District was released Friday, March 13th.
After a year with no visitors, the staff and volunteers at the Conservatory and Conservancy are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Conservatory. While we know that people love to come and linger, and enjoy the calm, fresh, green air, Covid-19 protocols require that for the time being we strictly limit access to, and time in, the Conservatory.
Covid-19 protocols in place include:
- Reduced capacity in the Conservatory (currently limited to a maximum of 35 people at a time).
- Timed admissions (visitors will be required to pre-register on Eventbrite for an entry time). Please arrive at the Start of your timed admission. Late arrivals may not be allowed in so that we can maintain the reduced capacity in the Conservatory.
- Reduced hours (the Conservatory will be open to the public from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with last admission at 1:00; we will expand these hours as conditions allow).
- Beginning April 16 we will expand the number of people who can enter every 15 minutes to 12, and will extend our open hours to 3:00 pm, with last entry at 2:00 pm.
- One directional traffic (visitors are asked to move counterclockwise through the Conservatory).
- Please note that because of this one directional travel, wheel chairs, strollers, walkers, and other wheeled devices are limited to the Palm Room.
- As with all indoor spaces, visitors will be required to wear a mask over both nose and mouth at all times during their visit.
A suggested admission donation of $5 for children over 3-years and seniors over 65, and $10 for adults, helps defray the costs of opening and staffing the Conservatory with these Covid-19 restrictions. Donations also assist in the upkeep of the plants, allow us to purchase new plants, put on engaging seasonal shows, and maintain operations of this historic structure.
Tickets are available for 8 people entry every 15 minutes beginning at 10:00 and ending at 1:00. Review these changes in detail and plan your visit by visiting our Plan-a-visit page.
Book your tickets through the button below. New blocks of tickets are released every Friday morning for one week in advance.